ELL: English Education, Lingustic, Literature Journal is published twice a year, January and July, by Postgraduate Program of Tadris English Education, UIN Sultan Maulana Hasanuddin Banten, Indonesia. ELL accepts research-based articles on English language education and linguistics which have not been previously published, nor is it under review or consideration for a book chapter or journal publication elsewhere.
Manuscripts submitted to ELL should follow the guidelines:
- Manuscript accepted is written in English.
- The length of the manuscript is 4000-7500 words excluding title, abstract, keywords, and references, written in A4 paper format, margins: top 3; left 3,6 cm; right 2,2 cm; bottom 2,6 cm, two columns (except for abstract, figure or table whose size cannot be reduced due to its readability), justified, single-spaced. Manuscript comprises seven main headings: Introduction, Theoretical Support (Optional), Method, Result and Discussion, Conclusion, Acknowledgment (Optional), References.
- The title of the manuscript must be as brief as possible and must represent the content of the manuscript.
- Authors’ names are written followed by authors’ affiliation and e-mail address.
- The abstract is written in English, as a representation of the manuscript. The abstract should not exceed 250 words for each language format, written narratively comprising aims/objectives, method, and findings of the research/article.
- Keywords: words or phrases which are important, specific, or representative to the article.
- The sources cited should at least 80% come from those published in the last 10 years. The sources cited are primary sources in the forms of journal articles, books, and research reports, including theses and dissertations. Citations from the journal should be at least 80% of the total references cited.
- The manuscript must be written following the Loquen Journal template.
- The manuscript must be in .doc and sent to the journal system via online submission by creating an account in this Open Journal System (OJS) [click REGISTER if you have not had any account yet; or click LOG IN if you have already had an account].
- All Author(s)' names and identity(es) must be completely embedded in the form filled in by the corresponding author: email; affiliation; and each author's short biography (in the column of 'Bio Statement'). [if the manuscript is written by two or more authors, please click add Author' in the 3rd step of 'ENTER METADATA' in the submission process and then enter each author's data.]
- Submitted articles will be peer-reviewed and the editorial board is permitted to edit the articles to keep format consistency without changing the essence.
- Authors whose manuscripts are accepted or rejected will get a notification from LOQUEN editorial team. The editorial team has an authority to return the rejected articles without asserting the causes.
- Citations and references Manuscript submitted to ELL should conform to APA style for citations and references. The followings might be the examples of in-text citation:
Researchers have pointed out that the lack of trained staff is a common barrier to providing adequate health education (Fisher, 1999) and services (Weist & Christodulu, 2000).
The close of the millennium was marked by a deep suspicion of the natural world and an increasing reliance “upon the pronouncements of soothsayers and visionaries, who caused hysteria with their doom-laden forecasts of the end of humanity” (Mulligan, 1977, p. 234).
As Murray (2005) suggests, a novice writer should think of making a note on ... (p. 16).
References must consist of sources cited in the article only and should be presented alphabetically and chronologically. For example:
Gardner, H. (1993). Frames of mind: The theory of multiple intelligences. New York: Basic Books.
Romeo, K. (2008). A web-based listening methodology for studying relative clause acquisition. Computer Assisted Language Learning, 21(1), 51–66.
Thornbury, S. (1999). How to teach grammar. Harlow: Pearson Education.
More complete guidelines to APA style used for in-text citation and references list can be found at http://www.apastyle.org